Friday, July 18, 2014

Wallace & Gromit Fright of the Bumblebees freezing


Solution:

If you're playing the Steam version of Wallace & Gromit Episode 1: Fright of the Bumblebees and the game freezes after taking out all of the bees in the yard, here's how to fix it:

  1. Download this file:
    http://uploading.com/1a97393c/slot0-save

  2. Copy it to C:\Users\username\Documents\Telltale Games\Wallace and Gromit Ep1
    (replace username with your username)

  3. Run the game  Continue  Load
If you're not playing the Steam version, try the fix here instead:
http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/comment/291751/#Comment_291751


Details:

I picked up the Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures game series a while back during one of the Humble Bundles, but I'm only just now getting around to playing it. Unfortunately I ran into the bug mentioned above fairly early into the series. I Googled around for solutions and ran across the forum post I included above that mentioned deleting a couple of files (env_countryroad.dlg and env_townexterior_gromit.dlg) from the game folder. So I went to delete the files, and they weren't there. Apparently the Steam version of the game is different from the retail version. Instead, I found several .ttarch files in the game folder.

Being who I am, I wanted to get to the root of the problem, so I found ttarchext, a tool that lets you extract and rebuild the proprietary ttarch archive files. So using that tool, I found the files mentioned, deleted them, and rebuilt the archives. Unfortunately, not only did that not fix my bug, but once I did get my bug fixed it made my problems worse. It seems the only way to actually fix the bug (in the Steam version, at least) is to copy over a save file past the point where the bug occurs.


0 comments:

Post a Comment