Did you know you can play many of the old-school point-and-click adventure games on your Android device? Here's how:
- Install the ScummVM app
- Check compatibility
In the game compatibility list, pick a game you want to play, and make sure it's compatible. Be sure to click on the game and read the compatibility notes.
- Install the game engine
Go to the list of game engines, find the game you want to play, and then find the engine it needs. Then go to the Google Play Store and install the correct plugin for that engine.
- Get the game data files
Find your game in the data files list, and make note of the data files it needs. You need to get those data files from your copy of the game (install the game if necessary), and then put these files somewhere on the SD card of your phone.
- Add the game to ScummVM
On your phone, open ScummVM, then click Add Game. Browse to the folder where you put the data files, highlight the folder, and click Choose
- Install ScummVM
- Install the teenagent engine plugin
- Download Teen Agent from GOG
- Install Teen Agent (if you're using Linux this works fine in Wine)
- Go to the Teen Agent installation folder, and copy all the *.res files somewhere to your Android device's storage/SD card
- Get the teenagent.dat file (which was mentioned in the compatibility notes for this game) and put it in the same folder where you put the *.res files
- On your phone, open ScummVM, then click Add Game. Browse to the folder where you put the Teen Agent files, highlight the folder, and click Choose.
You might also find these links helpful in using ScummVM on Android: